The material appearing on this website https://goskillwell.com (this “Site”), is provided as information about Skillwell and the various services it offers. The owner of this Site and its agents, directors, employees, contractors and affiliates assume no responsibility or liability for any consequences resulting directly or indirectly from any action or inaction you take based on the information found on or material linked to on this Site.
Any information on this Site is provided for promotional or informational purposes only and is not to be relied upon as a professional opinion. By using this Site, you accept and agree that following and using any information or recommendations provided on this Site is at your own risk.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Last modified: March 19, 2020
Please read carefully! Your access to and use of this Site is subject to legally binding terms and conditions which you accept and agree to by accessing this Site.
The following terms and conditions form a binding agreement (this “Agreement”) between you and Skillwell, LLC (“Skillwell”). may modify, amend, supplement and replace these terms and conditions at any time without providing you with advance notice. Your continued use of this Site after any change means you have accepted the changed terms and conditions.
- Trademark & Copyright. Logos for Skillwell are trademarks belonging to it and its affiliates (the “Marks”). You must obtain written permission from Skillwell to use the Marks. All materials created by Skillwell on the Site are protected by US copyright laws as original works. The absence of a registered copyright symbol does not mean that such materials are not protected as belonging to Skillwell. The contents of this Site are all copyrighted by Skillwell, unless otherwise noted. You must obtain written permission from Skillwell to use the contents of the Site in any manner not authorized by these Terms and Conditions.
- Links to Third Party Websites. This Site may contain links to third party websites. All such linked sites, materials and pages are not under the control of Skillwell and Skillwell is not responsible for the content contained in any linked website nor for any losses or damages you may incur as a result of the use of any third party website. Skillwell accepts no liability for any errors or omissions contained in third party websites. These links are provided to improve your use of this Site, enable you to connect with Skillwell on various platforms and help Skillwell offer the easiest services for you and conduct transactions.
- Use License. For materials Skillwell has on the Site which you can download or stream, including but not limited to video downloads, video streaming services, other auxiliary forms of media (text, images, PDF, audio, etc.) and one-on-one instruction via video or audio connection, permission is granted to download copies of the materials or use them for personal, non-commercial viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- Refunds. Skillwell will refund you upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, but reserves the right to decline requests made for refunds of additional purchases after an initial refund has already been granted.
- Entire Agreement. These terms and conditions and any other legal notices, policies and guidelines of Skillwell linked to these terms and conditions or contained on this Site constitutes the entire agreement between you and Skillwell relating to your use of this Site and supersedes any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written), claims, representations, and understandings of the parties regarding such subject matter. This Agreement may not be amended or modified except by Skillwell.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event shall Skillwell or its affiliates be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to view or use the materials or content on the Site, even if Skillwell has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
- Governing Law. Any claim relating to Skillwell the Site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Indemnity. As a condition of your use of this Site, you indemnify Skillwell and its officers and directors, employees, contractors and affiliates from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including legal fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting or arising from your use of this Site.
Last modified: March 13, 2020
- Children Under 18. The Sites are not intended for children under eighteen (18) years of age. No one under age eighteen (18) may provide any Personal Information to or on the Sites. Skillwell does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under eighteen (18). If you are under eighteen (18), do not use or provide any information on the Sites or on or through any of its features including but not limited to: register on the Sites, make any purchases through the Sites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Sites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If Skillwell learns we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under eighteen (18) without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe Skillwell might have any information from or about a child under eighteen (18), please contact us at email@example.com.
What Personal Information does Skillwell Collect and how is it processed?
- 4.1 What do we collect? Skillwell collects your name, email address, phone number, address, credit card, bank information, instagram handle, personal website, professional bio and other possible information that may be used to help improve and customize our services for you.
- 4.2 Newsletter. We will ask for your personal information in order to send you our newsletter or e-mails through Mailchimp and Mailgun. We will only contact you through our newsletter for promotional or informational purposes. Subscribing to our newsletters is optional.
- 4.3 Third Parties. Skillwell may work with third party applications in order to provide you with the best services on the Sites. These organizations may collect Personal Information from you in order to provide you with these services including your name and contact information. Specifically, the third parties Skillwell works with on the Sites are listed below. We’ve included links to their Privacy Policies to ensure you are comfortable using them.
- Stripe: https://stripe.com/privacy
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/
- Digital Ocean: https://www.digitalocean.com/legal/privacy-policy/
- Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/va/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Google Drive: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- How will Skillwell use your Personal Information?
- Your credit card information will not be kept by Skillwell but instead by one of the third parties listed in section 4.3 above;
- Your name and e-mail address are collected and will be stored on the Sites. Any information captured will be processed through third party websites in section 4.3 above.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter your information will be used to send the newsletter to you;
- If we send you the Newsletter for marketing purposes, we may use your contact information to send you e-mails about promotions, special events and other marketing information. You can opt not to receive these e-mails from us by either clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the e-mail when you receive it or by sending an e-mail that includes your e-mail address and a request that you not receive our promotional e-mails; and
- We may use your Personal Information to respond when you submit a question or suggestion to us, or when you request assistance with the service you purchased.
- Storing Your Personal Information. Skillwell’s web server may store your Personal Information when you interact on the Site. Skillwell will be happy to delete any of your information it holds upon a written request made by you. Your Personal Information will be safely disposed of by Skillwell upon request. In doing so, we will inform you how we will safely dispose of your information, although most likely it will simply be deleting it from anywhere we ever had it stored.
- We Play by The Rules. The Sites and Skillwell abide by all relevant United States federal and state privacy laws in all aspects of our operations. If you’ve got any questions about our legal compliance, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do Not Track Signals. Skillwell currently does not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track (DNT) signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do Not Track standards and there is no accepted standard on how to respond to such signals.
Analytics. The Sites keep the following information from your visits to our webpage:
- Visitor information to improve our customer engagement which tells us where and when people visit the Sites and how long they stay there; and
- IP information for website and server security.
- You might be wondering what a cookie is. Well, it is a small text file that gets sent by the servers of the Sites to your hard drive and can only be read and interpreted by the Sites’ servers. No Personal Information is stored in the cookie and there is nothing on it which can identify you personally.
- Disclosure of Personal Information. Skillwell will NEVER sell or license any Personal Information we collect from you. Skillwell is not liable for any disclosure of your Personal Information by any third party, particularly the ones outlined in section 4.3 above. By purchasing anything offered by Skillwell through the Sites, you agree to be bound to and consent to the provisions of our third parties Privacy Policies.
- Protecting Your Privacy. Skillwell is committed to protecting your privacy. Security measures, such as using passwords on e-mail servers and limiting access to computers with sensitive information, have been adopted to protect your Personal Information against loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Online transactions are completed using third party applications outlined in section 4.3 above. Please refer to the third parties’ Terms and Use and Privacy Policies, of which links have been provided above, for clarification on how your transaction and Personal Information will be handled. Skillwell makes no promises, warranties or representations about the manner in which your Personal Information is handled by third parties and bears no liability whatsoever for your use of them.
- The Internet Can Be Unreliable. The internet is, by its nature, inherently open and subject to interception of information. We cannot guarantee that the information you provide to Skillwell over the internet or otherwise will not be intercepted by third parties while it is being communicated by means that are outside of Skillwell’s control.
- Verifying and Amending Your Personal Information. Skillwell tries to ensure that all Personal Information about you that is in our possession is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please contact us at email@example.com to advise us of any changes to your personal information. You may request access to the Personal Information held by Skillwell at any time or seek to make corrections to it.
- Resolving your concerns. If you have any questions or concerns about Skillwell Personal Information collection, use and disclosure practices, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help you.
Your Personal Information will be used to provide you with promotional and informative materials and offer and deliver the products and services you can purchase or subscribe to from the Sites. Specifically,